Monday, April 4, 2011

Tornados, Tests, and Tacos~

We had an interesting experience today.  We homeschool, and as part of the regulations in the state of Arkansas, each student from 3rd to 9th grade must test at the end of each school year.  Today was our testing today at Hope.  The weather was quite rainy, but not really bad to start with.  We arrived early at the testing site, and waited to register.  After registering at 8:30 the coordinator let us know that they were warning of a possible tornado, and where the safe areas of the building were so we could get to them.  I suppose that was a good thing, because about ten minutes after that , the sirens went off, and the sheriff's office notified the coordinators that a tornado had been spotted , and for us to get to the safe rooms.  It hailed, and the wind blew, and there was a lot of rain, lightning and thunder.  Finally, about 30 minutes after that , they gave us the all clear.  So , all told, we got more excitement than we bargained for!  I praise the Lord that we were all safe.  The boys finished up their tests, and I said we could have spring break this week, so they were excited!  We went to Taco Bell, and ate, and then to their favorite store in Hope:  The DollarTree.   I mean everything for a dollar, right?  A little kid's dream.  I am so glad that things turned out well, as there was a whole building full of young people and small children.  It might sound strange, but if I was going to get blown away in a tornado, I'd rather be at home, than in a different city, with strangers.  Not sure why I feel that way , I  just do.  But all in all, we had a great time.  I might rethink experiencing those three T's all in one day again though.  Tornados , Tests, and Tacos is more excitement than I really want!

Thanks God for keeping us safe!~  Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment