Sunday, April 24, 2011

A Certain Sunday~

Well, they say on the radio that we are in for yet more rain!  I am reminding myself that several days ago, I expounded on the benefits of inclement weather.  Maybe I will have to re-read my post and remind myself why I said this was a good thing! 
   So, I hope everyone has been having a blessed Easter so far.  Ours has been lovely.  We're a little bit strange in the fact that we don't go to church for Easter.  Now , before I get lots of weird looks and comments from my church friends, let me explain.  ( I can hear the heads shaking and the tongues wagging, let me tell ya!) We've had a tradition for the last three years for Easter.  Mark wakes up really early and cooks us all breakfast. Bacon , biscuits, eggs, toast with homemade pear preserves.  Cold milk and orange juice.  Then we all gather around the table to hold hands and say our thanks for the Resurrection. Then we pack a picnic and drive to a favorite camping spot, and either sit on a blanket or at a table, and listen to the birds, and hear the wind blowing through the trees.  We spend the day focusing on just our family and making sure that the boys know what the real REASON for Easter is.  And yes, worship in a building is wonderful.  Time spent with fellow Christians rejoicing in Christ's victory on  the Cross, is awesome.  But , sometimes, it's just nice to be with family and read Scripture and share with one another.  So , maybe I haven't offended too many people with our tradition, and I hope everyone had great Sunday services.  We sure did !


He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me ,
along life's narrow way!
He lives, He lives, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives.......within my heart!

Ruby Jeanette

2 comments:

  1. J, we've often discussed doing this very thing! I read in a Christian magazine, once, of a family who took one Sunday a month to spend outdoors enjoying the beautiful things that God created. If we were all together on Sundays, we would certainly take advantage of a lovely Sunday to teach our children that there's more to God than sitting in a pew (insert tongue wagging and head shaking here).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe.....love it! I can see your tongue wagging AND your head shaking! I know it is difficult for everyone to be able to have all of their family together every Sunday. I am blessed to be able to do that. You guys are such great people love you and your family! J.

    ReplyDelete