Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Miscellaneous Memories~

Yay!  I can totally pat myself on the back now! I got the computer to "let" me change the picture on my blog, and it put my playlist on the bottom, so now you can have some music to listen to while you read.  The whole song, and not just a bit.  Thanks to my Mom, who showed me how to use the playlist.com website! 
  Well, hubby is feeling some better today, so he went to work.  I'm feeling fair.  Not going to run any marathons, but fair!  I guess they're saying the weather is supposed to get bad again this evening, so everybody batten down your hatches , and stuff.  My husband is the resident weather worrier, now that his dad has passed away.  Neal was always our weather watcher, and would listen to the radio and come sit on our couch and worry about if it was going to get bad or not.  It sounds funny , but I would love to have him back now to weather watch with us. So I don't pick on Mark about his new habit too much.  It's strange the things we remember sometimes about the people who are gone now.  I remember learning to drive with my Grandpa, on an old dirt road, in his '63 model Ford Falcon.  He said I had to take my shoes off, because everybody knows you can't learn to drive right unless you are barefooted!  I remember my Great Uncle George , and my Great Aunt Susie's house in Nashville, and how it always smelled like hardwood floor varnish.  I remember the beautiful birdbath outside their window, and how Aunt Susie always had a pet parakeet.  I remember my Grandma Geneva, Sister Evie Knighten, and Sister Pearl Chandler quilting and cooking soup for the church fundraiser. 
  I can see now how when people get older, and sometimes get Alzheimer's how their memories become something that only makes sense to them.  Because the things we remember sometimes are odd snippets of times and places.   So I understand. But memories are beautiful things.  I hope I never forget the people who are gone, and if one day I am old, and don't make any sense to anyone else, at least in my mind I will remember!

Here's to your own memories~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment