Saturday, April 2, 2011

Crawdaddy Huntin~



The boys have had a great time this weekend!  First off, they spent Friday night at the church having a "lock in".  Of course, they consumed massive amounts of sugar,and caffeinated substances.  They got home about eight thirty, and then crashed and slept til  two thirty.  Then we got up and went to Swaha,
to visit with my parents, and grill hamburgers and hot dogs.  They topped their evening , and their weekend off, by going crawdaddy huntin.  This is the ultimate little boy experience, as it involves all their favorite things.....water, squishy mud, creepy animals, and the possibility of getting bitten by something.  I love watching how excited they get when they finally catch one!  They really have no fear when it comes to life.  I remember feeling that way, when I was young.  It's a wonderful thing to have such trust in the universe, your parents , and God.  You just know in your heart that HE will take care of you.  I think that is part of what that scripture means when it talks about faith like a child.  They just know that God is good, that HE has their best interests at heart, and that HE is taking care of them every day.  I pray every day that I can have that kind of faith, the NO FEAR kind, of just grabbing all that GOD has for me, with both hands, squishy mud and all! 

Here's to the faith of a child~  Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment