Saturday, April 9, 2011

Gone Fishin'~





It's officially arrived!  Fishing Season!  It was such a pretty day today, that my guys decided it was the perfect day to open Fishing Season.  I guess other than swimming , this is my boys favorite summer activity.  And I'd have to say , I don't mind.  I love to go, and sit in my covered chair ( no direct sun for lupus patients), and watch the water and birds.  Joseph has finally gotten old enough to handle all of his own problems with a pole, such as baiting, and untangling the line.  He looks so grown up , getting in the tackle box, and fixing his hook up just the way he wants it.  Denim still has a little bit of trouble with throwing it in the weeds, but he's getting there, too.  It's as much fun to watch them as it is to fish myself!  They've always loved going to the river or lake, and reeling in a big ( or not so big) one.  We went to Millwood today and even though the tally was only one fish, we still had a great time. We were hoping to see a big alligator, (preferably from far away), but nothing was biting today, including them, thank goodness! I know pretty soon it'll be the dog days of summer, and be way too hot to even enjoy the river bank, so I'm glad we went today.  It's funny how such a little thing can mean so much to your kids, they truly are happy with the smallest pleasures in life!


Here's to the pleasure of fishing~  Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment