Friday, April 8, 2011

I Lift Mine Eyes.....~

This is a picture I shared on FaceBook yesterday.  I added the birds and the text, obviously, but the rainbow and scene are real.  I took this picture on a trip to New Mexico for missions. I hadn't planned on going, and couldn't really afford to go.  The trip was the first part of August.  In the middle of July , I miscarried mine and Mark's first child, at three and a half months.  To say I was devastated does not do it justice.  Is there a word for that kind of pain?  I haven't found it yet, a word that will cover that feeling.  I only remember going around in a type of fog for the rest of July.  My adopted Grandma, Geneva MacAnally asked me to come on the trip with her.  She said she would pay for me to go if I wanted to. I didn't really want to go, but she said she had prayed for me, and believed if I would go , that God would give me a sign .  A sign that everything would be ok.  So , I went.  In New Mexico in the area where we stayed there are mountains and flat lands.  When a storm comes you can see it , literally like God's hands moving the water and wind across the earth.  There aren't trees like what we have here, and when it comes it can be fierce.  The day we arrived, there was a huge rainstorm.  I felt like all my emotions that I was experiencing were somehow reflected in nature.  Anger, hurt, pain, sadness, sorrow, you name it .   But , then it was gone.  The storm , and some of my hurt. I heard that still small Voice, telling me to look up.  And here was this rainbow, God's promise of better things to come.  Even though I was still in pain, and still carry the thought of "why" with me today.  I can remember seeing that arc in the sky and knowing that everything comes to pass, and the words of the psalmist come to me, I lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help?  My help comes from the LORD , the maker of heaven and earth, and I can walk on.

Here's to the Grandma Geneva, and the GIVER of PEACE Christ Jesus~  Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment