Friday, April 1, 2011

That Better Be Gold-Leaf Paper!!~

We went and had our pictures taken at the church last night, so that we can be in the church directory.  Although I don't mind getting pictures made, or supporting the church in this way, I 'm kind of confused as to the reason why we need a directory.  If we've got so many people in the church that we can't remember all of their faces, or names, we may have too  many people.  And then there was the issue of cost.  We said for him just to show us their basic package, the one that most people wanted.  So he runs all the little pictures up on the screen to show what we will  get, and then he shows us the price.  I about fell off my chair.  569 dollars.  That's what I said,  FIVE HUNDRED AND SIXTY NINE DOLLARS!  That better be Gold leaf paper they come on , is what I thought, or really I thought "What have you been smoking?!?", but seeing as how we were in the church house, that wouldn't have been appropriate to say out loud.  But what I did say was Sorry.  Do you have anything in the 100 dollar range?  I was nice!  I did say to Mark later , for 569 dollars I could buy a GREAT digital camera, and you would love the pictures I was taking on it.  Maybe I'm  in the wrong business! So, anyhow, we did not get the fancy canvas pictures or the 24 wallet sized ones that cost almost 100 dollars all on their own.  I did buy the package with the CD in it, so I get copyright release and can make copies of the shots they took.  Needless to say, I won't be giving Olan Mills very much of my money!


Here's to cheap shots~  Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment