Friday, April 15, 2011

Opposite Ends~

I'm a little confused I guess,
I don't understand why.
Why you hurt me all the time,
and try to make me cry?
I know that I'm not perfect,
but I never claimed to be.
I only know one way to live,
And that's just to be me.
I get that we're polar opposites,
you're the sun and sandy beach.
I'm winter cold and drifting,
the moon you cannot reach.
I'm sorry I can't be the person,
that you need me to be,
I don't know how to change it,
so I'm setting myself free.
I'm one thing and you're another,
and I 'm tired of playing games,
I 'll always be just who I am,
I'll always be the same.
It hurts that you don't want me,
but I have to let it go,
my heart can only take so much,
of this bruising in my soul.
So now you're free to be the person,
that you want so much to be,
I'm just here in the shadows,
you don't have to worry about me.
I'm going on with what I have,
and leaving you behind,
I hope you have much happiness,
and peace to soothe your mind.
I'll always have a prayer for you,
I know you'll have the same,
I 'll keep the good times in my heart,
and won't forget your name.


Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment