Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lessons Learned~

That's the reason they are called "lessons" , because they lesson from day to day. ~ Lewis Carroll



I  am  glad  I  am  somewhat  smarter  than  I  was  when  I  was  younger.  I  think  life  would  be  really difficult  if  we  didn't  learn  from  our  mistakes.   Just  think,  if   our lessons  didn't   "lesson"  from  day  to  day !   Sometimes ,    it   is   difficult    when   my   boys   are   having   a   particularly   trying   day,   to   remember   that   I    WAS   once   their   age ,   and   made   plenty  of   flub -  ups   of   my   own.  I  am  sure   I  am  a  little  bit   wiser  than  I   was  at 12.   Some  of  my  lessons  learned  are  actually  pretty  sad,   though.  I   learned  that   other  people  don't  necessarily  have  my  best  interests  at  heart,   and   that   there  really   are  evil  people  in   this   world.    I   used  to  think  that  everyone  had  some  good   in   them  and   that   they  wouldn't  hurt  another  person  on   purpose .   I   know  that  sounds  naive   but  I   really   did   think  that!   I   learned   also   that  people   can   be   really  selfish,   and   think   only   about   "What's   in   it   for   me?".     But,   all  my   lessons  haven't   been   sad.   I   also   learned   that   love   comes   in    all   shapes   and   sizes,   and   that   just   because   someone  isn't    "typically"   attractive  ( whatever   that is)   doesn't   mean   that   they  won't   be   the   best   person   in   the   world.    I    learned   that   20  years  with  your  favorite   Grandpa   is  not  enough,  but   that   I  was     strong    enough  and   brave   enough  to  let  him  go    where   he   didn't   have   to  suffer    anymore.    I 've   learned   that   money   is   not    the  key   to   happiness.   (Shocker!)   I   am   still   learning   that   a    soft   answer   turneth   away   wrath.   See,   that 's   the    thing.    Although    our   lessons   ,    they   lesson  ,    they   never   do    stop   entirely.     If    we    are   truly    wise,      we   know    that    we   won't   truly    know    anything,   until    we   reach    the   other   side.   So,   I  'm    putting  my   learning   cap   on   for   the    day ,   and   asking   for   some    more   wisdom    from   God.


Here's   to    knowing   more   every   day~   Ruby  Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment