Friday, March 4, 2011

WhooHoo! ~

  I love the smell of a garage sale in the morning!  I went by MS Retha's garage sale today, and here is what I got!

Three brand new fabric table cloths ( the round ones, nearly impossible to find), a brand new table topper, 4 brand new fabric napkins, 2 brand new dish towels, a black organizer handbag, a navy wallet, a gift for my mom, a Ralph Lauren POLO men's dress shirt(like new) , a bowl of seashells(still in the package), brand new salt and pepper shakers, a gift for my husband, and two curio shelves.  For the bargain price of 40 dollars!  I couldn't believe it!  The men's dress shirt by itself would cost that !  I'm telling ya' , if you don't garage sale, or think there is something wrong with gently used stuff, you obviously have never been to some of the sales I have.  My kids think yard sales are a summer sport all their own.  They'll even bargain with people if they see something they want.  These are tough times for most of us financially , so if you  can get nice things, for a better price, I say why not?  Who cares if it's used?  Who will know unless you tell them?  But I don't mind letting people know I bought it at a garage sale....I laugh all the way to the bank with my savings in hand!


Here's to getting it for less~  Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment