Monday, March 14, 2011

Let there be......~

  I was doing my Bible study, and I've started over in Genesis again.  I try to read the Bible through once a year, but sometimes it takes longer , if I find a section to study that really interests me.  Genesis is so interesting because it is a story of beginnings.  The beginning of animal life.  The beginning of human life.  The beginning of light , and the beginning of God's relationship with man. 
   I've often heard the story of Jesus' first miracle at the wedding in Cana.  He turned the water into wine, and that is His first recorded miracle.  But, I've often thought about the fact that the Bible actually starts out with a miracle.  There was nothing.  Then God spoke.  And then there WAS.  That is the very definition of a miracle, something is not , and then IT IS.  If you think about it, Genesis sets the whole tone for the rest of the Bible.  It was not, God spoke , and then it was.  The Israelites were in bondage, God spoke, and they were free.  We were lost in sin, God spoke, and we were liberated through the obedience of His Son to the cross.  I am thankful that we still  serve the God of miracles.  He is the same yesterday , today , and forever! 

Here's to an unchanging God~  Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment