Monday, March 7, 2011

Not of This World~

  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth , give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.  ~  John 14:27

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  This is such a meaningful scripture to me.  I suppose it means so much because it is Jesus talking.  He is saying that He is giving us His peace.  Not the pat on the back of an earthly friend saying "It will be alright.".  or  "Everything will be ok, you'll see. "  Sometimes, hearing that from even a very good friend is not what we need.  The situation we are in is so out of control, or beyond our own help, that no matter what our friends and loved ones say, it does not help.  But to hear the LORD of all creation telling us, that he leaves us HIS peace, that is such a powerful thing!  He is telling us not to let our hearts be in turmoil,  and not to let our spirits and minds be consumed with fear.  When life has gone past what we can humanly do to fix it, these words are amazingly soothing to the troubled soul!  I thank GOD every day for His reassurance that He is in control, and that He leaves me His peace!



Here's to the peace that passes understanding~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment