Monday, March 21, 2011

A True Tale of a Bibliomaniac~

 I would bemost content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.~ Anna Quindlen

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The man who DOESN'T read has no advantage over the man who CAN'T.  ~ Mark Twain

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
When the check comes in, I buy books.  If there's any left over , I buy food.` Unknown

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   I am addicted to books.  Straight up , no other  way to say it, I'm a book junkie.  And come to find out there is a word for it- Bibliomania.  I breathe, eat, and sleep books.  I read every day for many hours. It's my passion.  Before I had children I read 20 or 30 books a week.  No joke.  And I read everything.  I like fiction, non-fiction, biographies, fantasy, sci-fi, Christian fiction, history, science, technology, crafts, politics, crime, humor, fashion,  the only thing I don't read is Westerns!  Well, and harlequin romance novels.  I like cook books and craft books, sad books, and happy books.  The smell of Books -a - Million is just like an aphrodisiac.  The rows and rows of books!  Paper, the feel and texture of it.  The words, put together every way imaginable.  The knowledge held in just a few pages. 
   I have piles and piles of books here at the house. People give them to me, I buy them at yard sales, or I buy them cheap on Amazon.com.  But, to me it is a way of expanding my universe beyond the small town I live in.  I love living here, but in a book , I can go to Ireland, or even an alien planet , and never have to leave the comfort of the armchair.  We lived in Mineral Springs in 2007, and the boys became friends with some boys down the street.  They told me they had never seen so many books before.  Did they all belong to me?  And you can read them anytime?  I was just amazed that these kids thought you could only get books at the library.  If you can read, it is such a blessing.  If you can't then I feel your pain.  If you can read, but don't , then I 'm not sure what to say to that!  Maybe I really am addicted.  But it's a pretty educational addiction , I think! 


Read on, I say,  Read on!  ~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment