Sunday, March 13, 2011

Round 2 anyone?~

  Well, the sickness continues here at our house.  Joseph started yesterday, Denim started last night, and now my poor hubby has it too.  To top it off, my Labrador got sick all over my hallway carpet in the night.  I tell ya', it's things like this that they should video, and put on those Teen Mom shows.....one look at everything going on here today would be pretty effective birth control, don't you think?  But , seriously, I love my family.  I love being wife, mother, nurse, teacher, counselor, chef, maid, kisser of booboos, and fixer of any problem.  I had a friend tell me once, that I didn't know anything about the real world, because I was just a mom with kids, in a small town, and what did I know about real life?  But , to me real life IS being the mom, being the best wife I can , and taking care of my family.  I know I live in a small town, but it's by choice, not because I'm forced to.  Small town life and marriage is not a prison to me.  I know women who balance work, family, church and all aspects of their life, and I respect them for it.  I know women who go to school, and are bettering themselves for their families.  That is their choice and I am glad they have the freedom to make it.  I know women who live in big cities, where all the "action" and the hustle and bustle is, and they love it.  But to me paradise is our little town, our little house, and just being the mom.  Even if it's not glamourous , or even sometimes all that much fun,  I wouldn't trade it for anything,(sick babies, sick  husbands , and sick dogs included!) 


Here's to being the person you ARE~  Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment