Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Does That Make Any Sense?~

 Well, it's official.  The list is out for what cause people to be unhappy in their marriage.  I suppose it is now on record that America has some of the most shallow people on the planet. Because, get this....here are the reasons people are unhappy with their spouse.  Coming in at number 10 with 4% of the responses is , bathroom habits.  9. Lapsed fashion habits  (out of date dress) 4%  8. Snoring  6%  7.  Alcohol 7%  6. Lack of romance 8%  5.  In-laws/extended family 9%  4.  Personal cleanliness  9%  3. Anti-social working hours  10% 2. Money  11%  and the number one reason people are unhappy in their marriage and think of divorce, of splitting up and leaving the one person they've sworn to love, for richer or poorer, for better or worse is........1.  WEIGHT GAIN  13%
    So, apparently you can be lazy, dirty , smelly, have terrible in laws, be a raging drunk, snore when you sleep, never be romantic, and dress like it's still the 60's but the one thing you can't be is FAT. 
I've been mighty annoyed with my hubby sometimes. I mean , men are not known for the best housecleaning or bathroom habits.  Redneck men don't necessarily care about fashion, at least in the modern sense of the word,  and he's got some crazy family.(But , so have I.)  And yes , he's been known to snore, and sometimes money is tight.  I've never thought about divorcing him for any of those reasons.  But for me to hear that the number one reason people are unhappy is because their spouse is fat, is just indescribable to me!  I weighed 90 pounds when we got married , and let me tell you, I weigh a LOT more than that now. And if he ever came home and said "Honey, I'm divorcing you because you're fat."  First, I would probably laugh, then I'd probably say "Are you serious?", and then I would tell him to hit the road as fast as his fanny could carry him.  Because any man who won't love me because I'm overweight, doesn't need to be hanging around here!  Seriously, America, wake up and smell the coffee, or the bananas or the diet food, or whatever, if this is all we are worried about these days no wonder people are getting divorced in record numbers.  Shame, shame on us!

Here's to REAL love~  Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment