Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Small Town Perks~

Well, I accomplished a huge task this morning.    I paid our taxes.  (lol) I really do think it is a sucky task.  But , it is lessened by the fact that we live in a small town.  I know everyone at our beautiful old courthouse.  I told MS. Nina that when you come and take care of your yearly business there it is more like a visit than a chore, and she agreed.  Her son lives in Little Rock, and so he does all his business with taxes and so forth on - line.  He told her that even trying to get downtown where all the government offices are is a huge headache.  She said he jokingly told her to "join the real world."  I can honestly say I have no desire to live in a town so large as to prevent you from doing any real visiting with anyone in person.  If that is the real world, then please count me out of  it.    I noticed that recently the mayor of Nashville said that "We must be careful how we are viewed, because towns like Murfreesboro look to us to see how to act."  Well, Mr. Mayor, please do not include me in that generalized statement.  I do not look to Nashville to see how to act.  We like our small town just fine, thank you.  It might not be perfect, but I will take it over your "bigger" city any day!  As they say on Face Book,    "just sayin' ....."



Here's to Murfreesboro!  ~Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment