Friday, December 17, 2010

In Your Heart...

If you judge people, you have no time to love them. ~ Mother Teresa

As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he.


Judgement and love are at opposite ends of the spectrum in the human heart.  You can't love someone and still be their judge.  I heard something interesting the other day, from our associate pastor.   We were talking about the verse that I printed above.  Brother Jon says that most people assume the verse means that the way you think in your heart determines where you are going in life, and what kind of person you will be.   But he said the reality of this verse is that , as a man thinketh in is heart, so is he already.  The way you think in your heart , is the person and the place you are now.   So, where am I , in my heart, right now?  Do I carry love or judgement for my fellow men?  We don't have time for both.  Where am I putting most of my time?  In worrying about other people's actions, or turning my own over to the Lord?  My Grandpa used to say, "You worry about rowing your own boat, and let everyone else worry about rowing theirs."  I have no business judging other people's hearts anyway.  God is in that business.  I only want to make sure , that I spend my time loving people, and making sure that the thoughts in my heart today, are making me the person God wants me to be.

Here's to a change of heart~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment