Saturday, December 4, 2010

HOW TO GET INTO HEAVEN

A man dies and meets Saint Peter at the Pearly Gates.  He says to the man, "Here's how it works.  You need 100 points to get into Heaven.  You tell me about all the good things you've done.  They are all worth a certain number of points.  If your total of points is 100 or more, you can come in."
"O.k.," says the man.  "I've been happily married to a wonderful woman for 52 years.  I was always faithful, and never looked at another woman."
"Great!",said Saint Peter,"that's worth two points!"
"Two points?!",exclaims the man. "This will may be harder than I thought!"
"O.k.," said the man," I was a faithful church -goer, and paid my tithe every week."
"Wonderful! One point for you!" , says Saint Peter.
"Only one?", the man said.
"O.k,O.k, how about this then?", the man asks, "I was in prison ministry for 25 years.  Every month , I went to the prisoners and told them about Jesus. "
"Two points more!", Saint Peter declares.
"My goodness!",exclaims the man.  "At this rate , it will be by the grace of God, if I ever get in!"
"BINGO! ", Saint Peter yells.  "100 Points! You may now enter heaven!"

Here's to the power of grace~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment