Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Believe~

I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge-  myth is more potent than facts-  hope always triumphs over experience-  laughter is a cure for grief-  and love is stronger than death.  ~ Robert Fulghum

What do you believe?  I don't mean the things you tell people you believe.  I mean when grief, and death have stripped you down to the very bare of who you are.  When your world has fallen so far from the way you knew it.   When a person you love has been stricken with some terrible disease,  or someone you love is suddenly taken from you.  What do you believe then?  It is easy to say, in times of personal peace, "Oh , I do believe in hope!"  It is easy to tell others in a time of prosperity,  "I do thank God for what HE has given me."  When I was very young, I was quite sickly.  As I grew older , maybe ages 9 through 14, I was very healthy.  How easily I forgot !  To be grateful for health!  When we are young we take for granted these things.  When I was about 14, I got desperately ill. I got diagnosed with mononucleosis, and could never seem to get over it.  By the time I was 16, the doctors did not know what was wrong with me.   I saw doctor, after doctor, and it was finally decided that I was just a mental case, and maybe I just needed anti -depressants.  Let me tell you, you find out so much about yourself, and what you actually believe in a time like that !  I found out I don't believe in fate.  But I do believe in God's will.  I don't believe in perpetual happiness.  But I do believe in joy.  I don't believe in pity.  But I do believe in compassion.  I believe in hope.  I believe in eventual triumph.  I don't believe in asking "why?"  I do believe in asking "why not?"  God has granted me no exceptions from suffering, but HE has granted me strength, and hopefully, grace in the face of it.  I can't be happy all the time, but I can have lasting peace.  So, if you are experiencing a time of personal pain, or hardship, try to remember what it is that you really believe, and remind your self every day:It came to pass, it didn't come to stay. 

Here's to finding out~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment