Sunday, December 12, 2010

Being good...

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge you because you are vegetarian.  ~ Dennis Wholer

Sometimes our world is a hurtful place to be,  and those who hurt us deepest are often our own family.  Those people close to us just seem to know how to place the barbs so  that they do the most damage.  I'm pretty much a "lay -it - all - out -there" kind of person.  If you hurt my feelings deeply, I don't mind telling you.  It's the way it should be.  Holding all the hurt inside just allows us to simmer all those feelings together until they become an ugly stew.  I would hope if I hurt someone they would come to me and say,  "That really hurt my feelings.  I would like an apology.  "  Or,  " I don't understand why you did that?  Can you explain?" If some one never tells you what the problem is, how can you fix it?  Maybe I don't even know that I said or did something that bothered you.  I would hope that we could work it out.  But , at least you wouldn't feel like you didn't get to explain why you were upset.  I never want to hurt anyone on purpose, but expecting everyone in the world to treat you fairly, or for your feelings to never be wounded is unrealistic.  It is how humans interact.  We don't always think before the words fly out, and we are not always attuned to others' emotions.  If someone has hurt you, then take the plunge,  tell them why,  and maybe they will say "I never realized!  I am so sorry!"  And if they don't , at least you don't have to be bitter inside anymore. Give that particular hurt to God ,and go on.

Here's to forgiveness~  Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment