Thursday, June 30, 2011

Copy That~

I have to relate something that happened to me at the doctor's yesterday.  You know how when some people get old, they get osteoporosis, and break their bones real easy.  Well, because I took Prednisone for so long (about 8 or 10 years , off and on), they wanted to do a bone scan. I've had one before but it's been a while, so the technology has really improved.  All you have to do is lie flat on the table , and this robotic arm passes over you.  Only it doesn't look like an arm. It looks like a copy machine or a scanner.  It was all I could do to lay flat, and not laugh ( a requirement!)  Finally the lady gave me the "look".  The one that says , "Alright , explain yourself!  How come you are having such a good time at the doctors?" .  Soooooooooo, I asked her where the copies of people came out.  You would have thought that I had asked her if it was true that pigs could fly.  I just had to say it , though!  It looks just like some kind of sci-fi device for cloning people! It makes these noises, and they have it in a cubby -type thing in the wall. It just looks like copies of people should come out the other side.  I don't think she really got the joke, but I thought it was wild.  Oh, well.  I guess I have to take my fun where I can find it.  Besides, don't you think even 50 years ago, that WOULD have been science fiction.  A robotic arm that can take a picture of your skeleton, just by passing over you.  I can't even imagine the reaction of people from 100 years ago, to some of the things we take for granted now...............food for thought, hmmmm?

Here's to having a little more fun with the everyday things, AND to scientific marvels~  Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment