Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lies , Lies, Lies!~

I don't usually get into long religious discussions with people.  I don't usually get into long political discussions with people either.  I fairly well figure that politics and religion are two topics everyone pretty much has their minds made up on already. So why argue trying to change it?  I'll pray for you, but I won't argue with you.  But, I do just have to say something about a post my associate pastor's wife made yesterday.  Apparently, there is a movement going around (churches, not just secular!) , that there is no hell.  Well, this disturbs me more than enough to break my "no religious or political discussions rule".  I guess what bothers me about it most is that if there is no Heaven or no hell, than why do we bother being good or evil?  If there is no hell or Heaven and I was wrong, at least I helped people while I was on this earth.  But what if they are wrong?  There is no changing it after you are gone! It is appointed unto a man ONCE to die, then the judgement.  If this isn 't true, then why bother teaching your children any values?  Just go with it. If it feels good do it.  That is like telling your kids not to steal , but then not doing anything to them if they do steal something.  They just think it doesn't matter .I can do what I want.  Now, I am not going to sit here and say, I KNOW who is going where. THAT is GOD's job.  But these are real places ,and everyone will go to one or the other.  I think the belief that there is no judgement for the dead is one of the most dangerous lies I have ever heard the devil come up with.  If he can fool you into thinking it doesn't matter , because nothing happens when you die, he's got his job done.  Even if it wasn't a lie from the pits of hell, can you imagine how hopeless your life would feel , if you thought "This is all there is."  This earth, this suffering, these trials, there is no hope.  Well, let me tell you, it's not true!  GOD has promised us a home with HIM forever if we believe in HIS SON's sacrifice on the CROSS.  HE paid for ALL sin, so that we might be clean and enter into our HEAVENLY home when we die, or HE comes back.  For someone to tell you nothing will happen to you if you die without GOD's grace of the CROSS , is an absolute falsehood!  If you hear this at all, know that these are real places, and everyone goes somewhere when they die. Which will you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment