Saturday, June 18, 2011

Thanks to God...........and my friend Will~

I am so glad that I am feeling better!  I actually was able to ride to town, and get a few books at the library.  It's strange how often we take just the smallest things for granted.  My friend Will Silvey always has a wonderful post each day about something to be thankful for.  "Thank God I can still brush my teeth!", "Thank you  God, that I can still hear and see!"  , "Thank you God that I can walk on my treadmill!".  On the surface these seem like ordinary everyday things.  But , what if , at some point in your life, you weren't able to do them anymore?  Yeah, brushing your teeth seems like no big deal until you can't use your arms, to do it yourself.  Or walking on a treadmill seems like a very casual thing, even a pain, maybe.  Until you can't work your legs.  These are all things that I have struggled with.  When I was in the middle of a huge lupus flare, and other medical complications, these are all things I couldn't do myself.  I could see and hear, but I couldn't walk by myself, or brush my own  teeth.  When I had the vertigo this week, I was reminded of all I have to grateful for. So, thank you Will, for your encouraging posts, and thank you God, that I can get up and walk, and am able to do things for myself again!

Here's to the smallest of blessings, and the largest of gifts~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment