Saturday, June 25, 2011

High-Fashion or Home-Broiled Ham?~

Okay. As promised , today's discussion shall be about tans.  Now, I'm not talking about your natural color.  I am not prejudiced, about people of a color other than white.  That IS their skin, and brown, black, cream, tan, or anything in between, is ok with me.  I'm talking about this enhanced version of what surely could only be described as OOMPA LOOMPA orange.  You all know what I mean.  And to add to this disastrous effect, most people who sport it feel compelled to accentuate their "golden god/goddess " with bleached white hair, (male and female) , and on the ladies , some otherwordly color of nail polish.  I guess I'm just not sure what the appeal is in this look.  Even if it didn't cause cancer.........which, IT DOES!, but it is just not really attractive, I don't care what kind of body you're rocking.  Do they know that tanning in a tanning bed even ONE time increases your skin cancer susceptibility by something like 75%?  One time!  And we've got people doing this to them selves on a daily or weekly basis.  I know it's the "fashion".  But , seriously, when you start having the texture and color of Halloween construction paper, it's time to rethink.  I'm supposed to stay out of the light for health reasons of a different sort, sun is very bad for people with lupus. So tanning beds would be kind of like committing suicide.  I remember my elderly neighbor commenting once when I was about 7 or 8 years old, that my white complexion was so beautiful.  They used to consider that the cream of the crop, pun intended.  I think we should bring back that trend! As  Aundi says, "We're not pale, we're ethereal." Kinda has a nice ring to it , huh?

Here's to the ethereal ones, may we start a new trend! ~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment