Sunday, June 12, 2011

It Ain't Today!~

I have been writing about fathers all week.  I really dug deep and brought up some of my favorite dad memories.  Only to have my mom tell me, that Father's Day is next Sunday! I guess I should have really checked my calendar and figured that out before I wrote all that down, huh, lol? Anyway, it's never a bad idea to compliment the ones you love, or to let them know that they are appreciated.  My husband and I have always had a different approach to holidays anyway.  We buy each other things whenever we are thinking of the other person.  Anytime.  He doesn't wait until Mother's day to let me know he is grateful for the job I am doing.  I don't wait until Father's Day to let him know we are so happy to have him as a husband and father.  We've always been the same about Christmas and birthdays too.  If the boys want something and we can afford it, we've always tried to get it, within reason.  Mark says you never know if you are going to have another day with those you love, even your children.  And we're going to leave everything we've accumulated, here on Earth when we go to Heaven , so we want to enjoy it while we can.  So even though Father's Day isn't today, celebrate! Celebrate having one more day with your favorite people.  Make every day  as special as a holiday.

Here's to great people , every day of the year! ~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment