Thursday, June 9, 2011

For Mark~

To my husband and the father of my children~

I know you came to marriage late in life, and fatherhood even later.  But I wanted to tell you, I think it was worth waiting for.  You were not exactly excited when I told you we were expecting Joseph.  Abject terror is more like it.  You were worried that you would be a lousy dad because of your personal experiences.  When Joseph was born early, and with all the problems, I wasn't able to care for him.  You morphed from this terrified person into a grizzly bear who would fight all who got in between you and your son. For the three days that I was still in the hospital, you got to hold him first, and made sure that the nurses and doctors were doing everything they should. By the time I got to hold him, you were an old pro.  I was so proud to call you my husband!  You wheeled me around in my wheelchair, wherever I wanted to go, whenever I wanted to visit Joseph.  You made sure I was taking my medicine, and took care of me as well as all the bills, finances, everything.  You never complained.  Not even once.  This is the attitude you have brought with you through all of our experiences.  You take such pride in our boys.  It's evident in all you do.  I just wanted to let you know that even though you thought this was a job you could never do,  you excel at it.  We are so proud to call you Daddy!  With love , Nette , Joe, and Den

No comments:

Post a Comment