Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Little Bit Older, A Whole Lot Wiser~

This has been kind of a banner year for me so far.  My husband turned 45 in March.  One nephew turned 16, and his brother,13 in May.  Another of my nephews was 16 today.  My oldest son turns 13 in November.  I've been a great -aunt for over a year now.  I'll be 33 in December, not that 33 is such a special age, but hey.  My friends children are growing up so fast it hardly seems real.  I used to think it would make me really sad to see my nephews and nieces growing up and moving on to have their own children. But, really , it is kind of exciting. Seeing what kind of people they turn out to be.  Seeing where their lives are taking them. And watching them with their own babies, making their own way.  I guess it all just makes life seem kind of worthwhile.  Knowing I had a part, however small in their lives.  So , rather than being teary-eyed, I am proud. Thanks , God, for blessing me with the opportunity to see my family grow into the people You want them to be!



Here's to making the passage of time sweet! ~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment