Saturday, January 1, 2011

Over and Over~

A successful marriage involves falling in love over and over.  Always with the same person.

Today is the first day of a brand new year.  My neice, Colby, is starting off her new year by getting married.  This is my brother in law's oldest child.   In December, my husband and I were married 14 years.  I suppose in the grand scheme of things 14 years is really not all that long.  Not compared to some things. One of my favorite things to do on Sunday is to look through the paper at the anniversary section.  I love to look at the elderly people's pictures!  So far the longest one I have seen is 74 years!  Can you imagine?  Being to live and love the same person, for that long?  Our years together are certainly a drop in the bucket compared to that!  I suppose I like the quote above for that reason.  It gives such good advice on how to make your marriage last.  I have fallen in love with Mark over and over.  Every day I find some reason to love him a little bit more.  But here is my advice for my neice.  You sometimes have to look for those reasons.  It is easy to find reasons to be annoyed , if you want to be .  Sometimes, the hard work is remembering why you love this person.  But , it IS worth it!  I would not change our relationship, or where we are now, for all the money in the world.  14 years may only be a drop in a bucket,  but I am glad for that drop!  And if God grants us one more day, or 50 more years, it will be awesome falling in love with my husband , over and over again!


Here's to love, weddings, and anniversaries~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment