Friday, January 14, 2011

For My Daddy~

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Walk beside me , and be my friend.    ~ Albert Camus


My dad has always been a huge influence in my life.  And not because he was a dominant personality who strode in front.  Not because he was too quiet, and let me lead.  But because he treated me with respect, as  a fellow person.  He just made you WANT to do what he asked, so it was easy to comply.  Now that I am grown  with children of my own, I have even more respect for his style of parenting.  Now he is Paw to my boys.  And they look to him, not to lead, or follow, but to be their friend.


Walk beside me Paw,
and hold your hand in mine.
This world sometimes is scary,
please help me through hard times.
You helped my mommy
grow smart and strong
please be my example too,
help me know right from wrong.
Walk beside me Paw and
I know that I will grow
Walk beside me Paw
for I've a long way yet to go.

Jeanette Woods


Thank you Daddy
~  Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment