Monday, January 17, 2011

Rainy Day ~

Oh the joys of weather here in Arkansas!  One week ago, we had six inches of snow.  Now it is wet, wet , wet.  I suppose we should be grateful for how fast the weather changes, because doesn't that mean tomorrow might be sunny and warm?  I sure hope so.  Rainy , humid weather is killer on the joints when you have an arthritic disease.  Old people used to tell me they knew when it was going to rain, snow , etc. when their bones hurt.  I always thought it must be in their heads.  I sincerely apologize for that thought!  It really is true.  My husband says I 'm a better weatherman than the actual one.  I guess that could be considered a positive , and not a negative.  Ask me when the tomatoes need planting, and I could say , "Oh, it will rain tomorrow.  Do it today!" Ha! I never thought of that until just now.   Every thing really does have an upside if we look for it.  For instance, even though rain and humidity are rough on the joints, we wouldn't last very long without water , now would we?  Snow is chilly on the bones, but gives the ground the deep moisture that it needs.  Sunshine every single day would get monotonous and eventually kill us.   So I suppose if I have a thought for today, it's being grateful .  Grateful for neither too much, nor too little.  Grateful, that we serve the God of just right. 


Here's to a little rain~  Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment