Wednesday, November 30, 2011

One Thing Only~

What's the one thing you would never, ever give up? 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was a tough question for me!  I guess because most people immediately think of intangibles.  Like your faith, your sense of humor , your  children,  your spouse.   But  these are not really things.  These are non - negotiables!  But a thing.  Actual material possession?   I don't really know.  A lot of people have keepsakes, heirlooms handed down to them from a special person.  These items hold memories for them.  A loved ones face, a smile, a certain event relating to that object.  I know what my husband's would be, he'd have to have two actually.  It would be a box of keepsakes from his dad , who recently passed away, and an album of photographs of his mother who died when he was 7.  It's really all he has of her, and I know it would be one of his most prized material possessions.   As for myself, I am just having a hard time pinning down any one thing I would be devastated if I lost.  It's probably all the albums I have filled with photos of our boys, and family.  I guess it's funny if you get right down to it.  If someone told you , "You must choose.  One thing is all you are allowed to have to remember your life by." , what you would you take?  Kind of narrows it down , huh? 

Here's to knowing what really counts~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment