Thursday, December 1, 2011

Two Sides~

It's the good girls who keep diaries. The bad girls never have the time.  ~ Tallulah Bankhead
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was just having a discussion with a friend of mine about blogs.  I love doing mine , and finding new material everyday is fun.  A blog is really like an online diary that EVERY one can read.  I remember my aunt telling me about a certain pair of boys finding her diary when she was young, and gleefully reading it aloud.  She was horrified!  I guess that might be some people's thoughts on  a blog, your thoughts out there for the whole world to see?  And read?  And discuss?  But, I don't really mind. Although I guess according to this quote, I must be a good girl.  I have two blogs, so does that make me TWICE as good? 
   The discussion my friend and I were having was about dual personalities.  Do you think everyone has one?  Is there a public face you show, and a private person you keep only for and to yourself?  Do you think you are the same person all the time?  I used to think I was the same person all the time, presenting the same face to everyone, and I still think it's true.  But I AM discovering that I have more than one DIMENSION to my personality.  I am positive and upbeat.  I love making people laugh.  I love optimistic quotes, and inspirational stories.  But I AM also sarcastic. I like being snarky, (sometimes).  I like to play practical jokes, ( that does not sit well with everyone!)  I also know that not all the world is nice, and that people can sometimes not be trusted.  Lest anyone think I'm a total Pollyanna, I know that bad things happen sometimes to good people.  I just choose not to use that as my focus here.
   So, you decide.  Does that make me two-faced?  I don't think so.  I think it makes me complicated.  And like life, sometimes complications can be fun.  Sometimes they can be difficult.  Sometimes complications are even funny.  But  they almost always keep life interesting.  I hope the ones who know me , can say that , too.

P.S. Here's my other side~ therubybutterfly.wordpress.com
Here's to finding more out about yourself~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment