Friday, December 2, 2011

Like a Duck~

I can hear reasonably well, I can see, I can eat anything that doesn't bite me, I may waddle like a duck, but I can still walk, so I 'm in pretty good shape.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I went to the Extension Homemakers party last night.  For those of you who don't know what that is, it's a women's organization devoted to making and keeping a home, charity, education, and just general togetherness of community , home and world.  I've been a member since 2005, and enjoy being part of it. 

   Last night , the ladies were all in fine form.  I am the youngest member to say the least , as everyone else is over the age of 55. Some over the age of 65, and the majority of them over the age of 75.  The quote you see at the top is from one my fellow members.  Let's just say she's over 75 , and leave it at that shall, we?  She has an amazing positive attitude, and I am  always on pins and needles waiting to hear what she will say next!  But , if you think about it, how many of us could learn from the quote at the top?  Can you hear "reasonably well"?  Great!  You're not deaf.  Add that to your list of things to which you are thankful.  Can you see?  Awesome!  Plus one, for your list.   Can you eat anything that doesn't bite you?  Fabulous!  You're up to three things already.  Do you waddle like a duck?  Who cares!  You are still mobile!  Walking is a privilege denied a great many, and we should add that to our list!  Alrighty then , we've got hearing , seeing, enjoying food and walking.  We're in pretty good shape, don't you think?  Yeah. Me too.

Here's to the wisdom of the elderly~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment