Monday, December 5, 2011

The Scrapbook~

Large scrapbooks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do you have a large scrapbook?  I do.  I have several. I never really thought about it before, but their presence in my shelf is a reason for gratitude.  Why, you ask?  Well.  Having one, even most people can say, I have one scrapbook. Or, I have enough good memorable moments to fill one.  But I have several.  As in 5 or 6.  I have enough memories, good memories to fill 5 or 6!
   Moments of my own, my husband's and my children.  Fun moments, silly moments, joyful moments, even a few serious moments, like births of children, or christenings.  Pictures of me , before I was fat, and while I was fat, and now that I'm in the middle.  Pictures of my husband with long hair, short hair, and (GASP!) thinning hair, lol!  Pictures of my children , their ultrasound ones,  their birth ones, and pictures of them growing taller and taller.  Pictures of pets recent, and pets gone on.  Nearly all my past and present life captured between the pages. 
  I wonder if God keeps a scrapbook for each of us?  Does he take His snapshots of memorable places in our lives, and tag them, with captions for the photos?  Does He take them out, so to speak, and look at them and smile?  Do I have any moments for God's great scrapbook?  Do I have anything He looks at with a smile and says,  " I remember that day!  You helped that person, even though you thought no one saw."  or  "I remember this!  Look! You learned to dust yourself off after falling!  I was so proud!".
  Oh, let it be true, I pray! I pray that I have earned at  least a couple of pages in God's great scrapbook, that I may one day hear Him say , "Well done.  Well done."

Here's to knowing what really matters~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment