Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Morals from the Muppets~

We are enjoying watching holiday and Christmas movies.  We 've watched The Nightmare before Christmas, The Grinch who Stole Christmas, and The Muppet Christmas Carol.  I guess the  Muppets is one of my favorites.  Michael Caine, to me is the perfect Scrooge.  When I was young I had a hard time understanding how Scrooge could be so terrible. But if you watch the Muppet movie, it puts it before you in a way that you can't help but understand.  Would Christmas be the same to you or me, if we spent every one alone, as a child?  Or if our beloved left us on Christmas?  If we grew up that way, would we feel the same about the holidays? 
  It became easy for me to see that Scrooge felt it much easier to keep people away, then to risk being hurt again.  How simple it would be to feel that way. I don't have to let people in, and so that way no one can make me feel pain.  If I hurt them first, they can't hurt me in return.  I wonder how many of the people we see in town, and different places at the holidays, are the same?  What great hurt have they experienced to make them feel that way?  If we look at them through the eyes of Christ, what would we see? 


Just a thought, in case you run into a Scrooge~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment