Friday, December 9, 2011

Homemade for the Holidays~

Well, Christmas is sneaking ever nearer now.  I know it comes the same time every year, but every year I find myself unprepared, again!  There just seems to be so much to do, and so little time to do it.  Every year I swear I'm going to have shopped all year so I'm covered, and every time, I end up rush Christmas shopping. 
  I think this year, I may make homemade gifts for Christmas, like cookies or candy.  I remember our favorite neighbors growing up, Tommy and Fayne Verdon, use to make us a homemade gift every year. A cedar jewelry box, a big wagon of blocks, a checkers board and checkers.  Oh, and Fayne made this fabulous peanut brittle! She brought me some when I had the chicken pox, when I was about 4 or 5.  I remember thinking , "Chicken pox couldn't be all bad , if you got to eat peanut brittle on account of it! 
  It's funny how most people these days think you have to spend a huge amount of money for the gift to be appreciated, when the gifts I remember most did not cost much at all.  It really IS the thought that counts, I think!

Here's to adding a little more home-made , to our holidays~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment