Sunday, November 6, 2011

Playing Catchup~

I am excited to see so many of my friends participating in Thanks -Living this month!   I think it's a great tradition to start.  I haven't been posting anything for each day, but was glad to read other people's thoughts on what they are thankful for.  It's awesome to see people treating life with a more grateful attitude. We have so many blessings here in our great country.  Despite what the conditions are now, we still live in the most wonderful country on Earth.  Most of us have plenty to eat, clothes to wear, vehicles to drive, jobs to go to, are mostly healthy , can go to the doctor if we aren't , go to church when and where we want, read our Bible anywhere, anytime, speak freely, write freely, teach our children the things we want, and so many other things I can't even think of right now.  I wonder sometimes if our lack of thankfulness, and our considerable arrogance as a country is like a slap to the face of God?  That's really a theoretical question, because I already know that it is like a slap to His face.  I don' t like to preach, as  I don't feel that 's my calling. But there was a saying going around on FaceBook a while back that said, "What if today you only woke up with the things you thanked God for yesterday?".  Kind of scary , huh?
I'm going to catch up!
What I'm thankful for today:
1.  My salvation.
2. Jesus
3. My family
4. My freedom
5. That we live where we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment