Thursday, November 24, 2011

Don't Let a Rock Take Your Job~

It's Thanksgiving Day!

I rise at 5:45, thankful for alarm clocks , because it means I have things to do to busy my hands and heart.  I am thankful for messy kitchens because it means I fed my family yesterday.  I am thankful for cluttered living rooms, because it means my children feel that this is their home too.  I am thankful for grocery sacks scattered in the floor, because it means we will eat today ,  and share it with family.   I am thankful for hunter orange, stray ammo, and dried mud crumbled, because it means my husband was well and able to go deer hunting this morning.  I am thankful, so VERY thankful, that this Thanksgiving , I am at home, and NOT in the hospital, with myself, or one of my children. Of the 15 years we've been married, we have spent 3 or 4 Thanksgivings, and 1 or 2 Christmases , in the hospital. I am thankful , thankful, thankful !  For salvation from sin, for forgiveness of my very human fallen condition, because it means that JESUS loves me!  I am thankful, thankful, thankful, that I've been blessed with one more day to be present in this body,  and thankful I am one day closer to being present with the Lord.  I am so very blessed, with so much more than I ever deserved.  If I fail to praise Him, the rocks will cry out.  I refuse to let some rock take my place!  How about you? 

Blessed Thanksgiving to you and yours~  Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment