Saturday, November 19, 2011

Soaker Hose~

Happy 11th birthday to someone very special!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just want to say how proud I am of both my boys and how much they've grown in the last couple of years.  I can't say how hard being the parent of a teenager is, since I've only got two days experience in, so far. But , I think we are doing okay , today anyway! I do want to brag on both of them for a minute , though.  Den actually got up behind the podium and led the song Wednesday night, (red-faced), but hey, a very BIG deal for him.  So he's getting better about not being so embarrassed.  And I have to say I was impressed with the conversation I had with Joseph about his class.  He was telling me about sin , and how it corrupts ( his words, not mine!) .  Maybe not even all at once, but a little at a time, it causes your heart to be sick.  So, I guess even though I think maybe sometimes they don't listen, they are picking it up, little by little.  I don't want to give up on it now!  Even though sometimes I just wish I could pinch them, I think they may be on the road to being responsible, moral  adults , in time.  I guess really it is just a long process.  Every minute of every day of every year, gently , slowly, repetitively , it's soaking in.  Just like those old soaker hoses we used to use in the garden.  A little bit, over a long time, and the plants grow big and strong!

Here's to being in it for the long haul! ~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment