Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Just the Start~

Well, it's a new day of a new month!  November rocks, I must say.  Both my boys birthdays are in November, plus usually the weather is a lot cooler, the leaves are really showing off, and we really get to start to use our wood heater.  I love wood heat! It just warms your bones.  Of course, I partly love it because of the good memories I have attached to it.  That used to be one of mine and my Dad's favorite activities, cutting and hauling wood.  And it is still one my favorite things to go and do with my husband and children.  If someone asked me which would you rather do, "Dress up and go to a fancy restaurant?", or "Put your grubby, warm clothes on, and go haul wood?", I'd choose the latter every time.  Being outdoors, wearing my gloves and 'boggin, smelling the shavings from the tree, seeing my husband be the fine artist he is with a saw, it's just fun! November has lots of great things going for it.  You've got the weather, and the food, don't forget the food!  Turkey, ham, potatoes, and of course,  all the sweet treats.  A lot of people say Halloween is the start of the holiday season, and I guess it kind of is, but to me it's November 1st.  It just makes me feel like the holidays are now right around the corner. So whether your November is going to involve wood cutting, or holiday visiting, or cooking , all of it together, or nothing at all,  I hope and wish you all of God's blessings for every day in it!

Happy November 1st Everyone!  ~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment