Monday, October 31, 2011

Is Your Wood Wet? ~ ( taken from Pastor Steve Franklin)

Good morning everyone!  Well, at least it's morning here anyway.  I 've always felt kind of weird saying that on here, because you don't know where people are from.  Might not be morning where they are.  Anyway. Not sure how I got off on that.  My husband swears I have ADD too.  I AM very distractible, but I guess it could be the fact that I have so much going on.   You know what?  I may have officially overdone myself this last month or so.  We started school in the latter part of August, then we had theme park visits, Sunday and Wednesday church, youth rally, bowling trip,  company over two or three times for supper, fall festival,  library fun day,  Pastor Appreciation, and so on and so forth......of course, it's also deer season, which means more laundry , more dirt in the house, more grouchy husband (he missed)  , more muddy boys, and on and on it goes.  And there's always the regular shopping, bill paying,cleaning, animal feeding , sickness, and the like to add it on top of it.  Whew.  And then I wondered why I was feeling tired?!?  It's enough to make your wood get wet.  That's my friend at church's new saying.  It comes from a message our pastor just gave about being camping and having to start a fire with wet wood.  As he says, "It ain't gonna happen !"  .  He likened all this busyness we sometimes get into , and the tiredness, and aggravation that comes with it,  as having wet wood.  It's hard to show that fire for God, and even for our lives and the people in them , when you're going on wet wood.  So, I decided this morning, I was going to whittle down my extra curriculars for the next couple of weeks, so I'm not runnin' on wet wood.  How about you?  Could you light your fire if you needed too?  Or are you running on wet wood? 


Here's to keepin' your powder ( and your wood) dry!~  Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment