Thursday, October 6, 2011

Gimme an F! (For Fall!)~

It's that season!  Ohhhhhhh, the beginning of my favorite!  I love October and November!  I guess it's partly because of the scenery , cooler temperatures and fun activities.  But , mostly I think it's because my most treasured memories are tied to this time of year.  I met my husband in late September of 1995.  The weather was just like it has been this fall.  Actually starting out cooler, with that little bit of a bite in the air.  You know the one I mean , that little crunch like a candied apple.  My two sons were both born in November,1998 and 2000, with the smell of Thanksgiving turkey from the hospital cafeteria swirling down the halls.  It's dress-up time, and an excuse to gorge on candy without remorse for just one day.  It's Thanks-Living time .  Time to live out our thanks for all that God has blessed us with this whole year through.  It's not as crazy as Christmas, and people aren't quite so aggravated with the holiday season yet.  It's chunky sweater and knee-high boot time.  Just the feel in your soul, that somehow we made it through one more year, and harvest time approaches again.  I'm not sure if I would feel like the year was complete without the autumn season.  So, go ahead.  Dust off your cord pants, hikers, and cable knits........it's Fall!

Anxiously awaiting those first leaf piles!~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment