Friday, October 14, 2011

Chatting Over Chicken~

It has been a very busy week here at the Woods casa.  School, housework, cooking , and so forth.  I do have to say, when I'm so very busy,  I'm very blessed that my parents live next door.  We eat dinner together every Tuesday, and Wednesday. And when I'm overwhelmed, they pitch in .  Even though it's a lot of work,  I love having company over (when the house is presentable!)  .  I enjoy being hostess and cooking for others.  We were honored to have Brother Steve and Sister Mary Franklin over for company last  night.  I cooked Mexican Chicken casserole, refried beans, Spanish rice, and homemade peach cobbler.  Plus, we had salad , so we didn't have to feel guilty about all that cheese and fat!  We had a really wonderful visit, and just enjoyed getting to know the Franklins.  I suppose that's why I always loved waitressing and working at the library.  I loved visiting with all the people, new friends, and old.  Someone once told me, "People are the only important "things" on this earth.  And they're NOT things."  It's so true.  Even if you don't feel comfortable having people over to visit, or cooking for others, you can find somewhere to make a connection with someone who would love to have you visit with them.  Nursing homes and hospitals are great places for visiting, (you have a "captive" audience, after all!).  Reaching out, talking to someone, cooking, or just smiling at the person in the checkout line, all these things can make a difference to someone.  Try it sometime!


Here's to making an impact wherever you go~ Ruby Jeanette


P.S.  I finally got a cord to upload some of my favorite photos from the past year, so I 'm going to be collaging some of them for my blog over the next few weeks.  Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment