Sunday, October 9, 2011

Wide Open~

I had a friend to put as her status on FB, "Isn't it funny how some people can be so different on here, as compared to how they are in person?".  Some one else commented and said, "That's not funny, it's sad."  And I said, "It's a shame.  If I like you on Face Book, then I like you everywhere.  The real world, the digital world, wherever.  If I don't like you on Face Book , then I probably don't like you in the real world, the digital world, or anywhere else."  I got to thinking that maybe that sounded kind of harsh.  My plain spoken - ness, has gotten me into trouble  a lot of times.  I always tell people I was born without that filter between my brain and my  mouth.  If I think it, it flies right out.  My husband sometimes stands with his jaw dropped, and say things like , "I can't believe you actually said that!".  Or,  " Holy cow."  Or my favorite, saying nothing, while just shaking his head.  While my intent has never been to hurt people's feelings, believe it or not, I think sometimes the world could use a little more "truth" .  I don't surround myself with sycophants who only repeat back what I want to hear.  It's very difficult to find a real friend, who as Brandy says will answer honestly when you ask, "Does this skirt make my butt look big?".  Of course, I already know my heinie is  wide, so I know better than to ASK that question, but you get the idea.  The long and the short of it, (or the fat, and the skinny!) ,  is sometimes we need to hear the cold , hard , facts. If you are a real friend you will tell the person you love what they need to hear, not what they want to hear.  And as far as the digital world goes, let me say it again, I don't hide my posts from anyone, because I don't have anything to hide.  If I wouldn't say it to your face, I wouldn't post it.  You will never have to wonder where I stand , or how I feel about something.  If you want to know something about me, ask.  I 'll answer honestly.  Unless, of course, I feel like it's none of your business.  But I will let you know that too, lol.  But the same goes for me.  If you feel, or think I am being hypocritical, call me on it. I think if we all held one another a little more accountable, the world would be a little bit better place.  Just sayin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment