Monday, October 3, 2011

What a Difference! ( A New Pill Makes!)~

I have had a super-busy day today!  I got up at 6 am, cooked 2 dozen pancakes, cleaned both my bathrooms, did two loads of laundry, did school work, two loads of dishes, cleaned my kitchen, started and cooked lunch, cleaned the front yard, took 3 boys to the river to catch crawdaddies, went to the bank, paid bills, grocery shopped, came home, cooked supper, did one more load of laundry, cleaned the kitchen BACK up, clipped some coupons, and read a chapter in my book.  Whew.  All that without a nap!  I've just got to tell everyone......I went to the cardiologist's and saw their new APN.  She was concerned about the level of fatigue that the Coreg heart medication was causing me.  She wanted to know if I had ever taken Metoprolol, and I told her yes, it worked really well for me, and I had asked if I could go off of the Coreg earlier, and they told me "No, I was just going to have to learn to deal with it. "  Well,  she was not satisfied with this answer.  She told me if it made me that tired, what good was it?  So. As of last week I started my old medication, and the change has been spectacular to say the least!  I have cleaned out my laundry room of clutter, gotten my living room back into shape, been focused enough to have school super-organized, and many other things I was not able to accomplish before!  It's amazing to be able to feel like a "real" person again.  Now, I can't tell you that the lupus does not still bother me.  That would not  be true.  But , I have also started taking krill oil, and probiotics every day.  And my lupus symptoms are also much improved.  I am able to get up and down now, without QUITE so much pain in my knees and feet.  I tell ya' what, I've just got so much to be thankful for, I would hardly even know where to start telling you about it.  Needless to say, even if this is just a temporary improvement, I will take every GOOD day I can get! All glory to God , who can even work through doctors, by giving them wisdom.  So , even if you feel like your situation is hopeless, don't give up.  A better day might be just around the corner!

Here's to brighter times (however fleeting)  ~  Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment