Sunday, October 23, 2011

Bowling Lanes; Changing Lanes~

We had a really great time last night!  We took the kids bowling with the church youth group.  Our boys had never been before, and I was excited to see if they would like it.  It took a few rounds for them to get their feet under them, but they did pretty good.  I just watched, but Mark bowled.  He used to go all the time with his high school friends ( back in the dark ages, when the ball was stone , ya' know....)  and he had as much fun as the kids I think.  Joseph and Denim are finally getting old enough to really enjoy going different places and having fun.  I think they probably enjoyed just goofing off, and being silly as much as they did anything.  It was actually neat to watch .  Even the older kids in youth group, are really still just little kids.  I know they would surely disagree, and be tiffed if they knew I said that, but it's true.  They are still just innocents to the danger and cruelty of the "real" world. Most of them are just barely old enough to drive, and are just getting that first taste of independence.  But they still jumped up and down, hollered, slapped high fives, and were just generally silly.  I enjoyed watching them more than I would have bowling.  I got to sit back and remember what it was like to be more worried about my game score than if the bills were going to get paid, or the car fixed.  To be more concerned with , "Does he think I'm cute?", rather than , " Why can't that man pick up his dirty socks?",  (LOL)  !  But don't get the idea that I am sad. I wouldn't go back there even though it is fun to be nostalgic. I would not be 16 again for ALL the money in the world. Although, I do have a son turning 13 VERY soon,  sooooooooo I may be wishing shortly that I WAS 16 again, just so I will have the energy to cope! 

Here's to fun times, new experiences, and old memories~ Ruby Jeanette

2 comments:

  1. Think I may like to be 16 again. I mean, I could maybe undo all the mistakes I have made since then!
    Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ygraine! Hope you are having a blessed night!

    ReplyDelete