Monday, May 2, 2011

Who Am I?~

This is a poem I wrote about a week ago.  Sometimes we see people every day and think we know them , but there are always hidden depths that we don't see.  This poem is not really about me, it's not really about any one person, so friends of mine, don't freak out thinking I'm some sort of two -faced chick!  What you see with me is pretty much what you get,(well, most of the time, lol!)  Nah, sometimes it's just fun to write a little something dark, and keep ya' guessin'. 





Mirage~
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------




I am just a shell- nothing lives inside of me,
I am only a mirror , reflecting you from me.
Stand before it, take what you will,
And see what you want to see.

I learned long ago in time,
to never let my true feelings show.
To betray them is a weakness,
the gap where the knife will go.

The real me is behind the frame,
hidden under the silvered glass,
only a fleeting image ripples,
one glance and the moment has passed.

There's no escape from the leaded shell,
no reason left to try.
For I am just a vapour,
caught between the dark and light.

So don't think the images that you have formed,
are the person I really am.
It's all just an illusion,
a trick of light, a sham.

Don't think you have me figured out,
there's much more left to know.
But you will never comprehend,
I'll never let it show.


Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment