Monday, May 9, 2011

Here We Go Again~

Whooeeeeee.......it's like the tropics outside today!  I don't know why , but the shock of summer is the same every year.  We know it's coming, we know it gets in the triple digits by the end of May here, and we're shocked every time anyway!  I really don't mind the heat , it's that humidity that kills me.  In New Mexico, one of my favorite places on earth, at night you can need a sweater and by the daytime, you're wanting to run around in shorts, but it's not the miserable swamp heat we have here.  Sultry.  That 's the perfect word for it.  Even though a lot of people use that word in a sexual sense, to me it applies best to the weather here in Southern Arkansas.  I might be a wuss, but I guess I just don't know what people did without air conditioning!  When it's like this outside, the only thing you want to do is lay in front of air, and not move.  Even the slightest motion seems to ratchet your body temp into the uncomfortable zone.  I've always thought it was interesting that I was born in December and that I love the winter and the cold ( as long as it isn't raining, ) and my sister was born in July and loves summer in all it's warmth.  Maybe that 's a coincidence, I don't know.  Well, I guess I might as well get ready , cause it's looking like summer is on it's way for sure!  Ya'll stay cool everyone!

Here's to those powerful BTU's, lol~ Ruby Jeanette

PS. Happy 16th Birthday to someone very special :)

No comments:

Post a Comment