Friday, February 11, 2011

A Way with Words~

Well, another day has come and almost gone, before I was able to get here today.  It's a lot harder as a mom to carve out 15 or 20 minutes to write.  I 'm passionate about writing , though, so I try to make time.  Writing is more difficult than you would think.  The craft of it, of choosing just the right words, of making the story turn out "just so".  All these things are a part of it.  I love words, just the sound, and feel of the way they come across.  Words are such a powerful tool. They can be used to heal, or to harm.  To encourage , or to criticize.  To bring joy , or sorrow.  The Bible tells us that words are powerful.  God  himself spoke Creation into being.   HE said "Let there be," and there was.  Of course , our words do not compare on a scale to God's,  but the idea is the same.  Whether you write them, speak them , or even just think them, your words will affect every part of your life.  You might ask how only thinking words could affect you.  If you realize that the "voice" in your head is a negative one, repeating its mantra over and over, you'll know that the words cause you harm.  If the "voice" in your head is your spirit turned over to Christ, through HIS power , the effect can be positive.  Over and over HE tells us, I  LOVE YOU!  , YOU'RE FORGIVEN!  , I AM HERE!, and how wonderful those words become!  I think God has given me some talent with words, I hope that I never use them for harm,  or to bring someone else down.  Through HIS help I will only say the words that HE gives me!

Here's to using your gift for good~ Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment