Thursday, February 24, 2011

AAAARGGGHHHH!!! No FaceBook!~

 I woke up this morning to do my usual routine.  Rise at 6:30 , do the dishes, eat breakfast , brush my teeth, start the boys with their chores, get their breakfast, get them started with their school work, and sit at the computer to do my FaceBook page and my blog.    But.......no FaceBook!  I t won't load, it just sits there blank.  And I waited, and waited........nothing.  Well, I tell you, I'm not  a computer addict by no means, but I am very perturbed that I can't check my messages or find out what's going on with everyone today. I suppose I can have an "unplugged" day.    For about two years, we didn't have any television or computers at our house.  It was nice for a while.  I enjoyed the quiet, and being able to hear myself think.  Despite what my husband says, I am not the reason we got satellite tv.  I was the excuse he used.  " Wellllllll.........since you're sick......you'll want tv to watch while you're home.....rigggghhht?"  Go ahead babe, if that makes you feel better, but I couldn't care less about tv.  I love to read.  Tv most of the time is just noise.  And computers are nice for keeping up with everyone, but it was nice to do without that for a while , too.  You should see the look on most people's faces when you tell them you don't have a tv!  Not that you don't watch it, but that you actually DON"T HAVE ONE!  It was a riot... You might as well have told people you live in a barn with no plumbing or electricity.(Hmmmmm......we might try that next......)  People are certainly obssessed with being "connected" these days.   Well....I'm going to get off of here, and finish out the day.  Sorry I can't chat with everyone today, but it's alright.  I just went to the library yesterday and got a stack of new books.  Rainy weather , stacked pillows, afghan on the sofa, and a pile of books?  Sounds like the perfect day to me!


See you guys tomorrow!~Ruby Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment